With the latest technology and the most up-to-date training, the Dallas Sinus Center is the clear choice for Balloon Sinuplasty and other advanced endoscopic procedures.
What is Balloon Sinuplasty?
Balloon sinuplasty is considered a minimally invasive technique because it involves little to no tissue removal inside the nose and sinuses. Instead it is used to open the frontal, maxillary and sphenoid sinuses. Patients who undergo balloon sinuplasty seem to have less pain and bleeding during the post-operative period. Because the technique was recently introduced, surgeons are still learning which patients benefit most from the procedure.
What are the Benefits of Balloon Sinuplasty?
- Safe and effective – While use of any surgical instrument involves some risk, clinical research has indicated that the balloon sinuplasty system is safe and effective for relieving symptoms of sinusitis.
- Minimally invasive – The technology uses small, soft, flexible devices that enter entirely through the nostrils. These devices gently open blocked sinus openings, in many cases without tissue or bone removal.
- Reduced bleeding – Because in many instances no tissue or bone is removed when using this technology, there may be reduced bleeding associated with the procedure.
- Improved recovery time – While recovery time varies with each patient, many people can return to normal activities within 24 hours.
- Does not limit treatment options – This technology is an endoscopic tool and may be used with other medical therapies or sinus surgery techniques. It does not limit future treatment options if you have progressive disease.
As with use of any surgical instrument, there are risks, and results may vary from patient to patient. We will discuss your specific condition to find out if the balloon sinuplasty system is right for you.
Balloon Sinuplasty FAQs
Results vary by individual. Published clinical data has shown the following regarding patients who have had sinus surgery with Ballon Sinuplasty technology:
A study of 1,036 patients at multiple institutions reported that sinus symptoms improved in 96% of patients at an average follow-up period of 10 months. Another study followed 65 patients at multiple institutions and reported clinically and statistically significant improvement in patient symptoms out to two years.
Does surgery with Balloon Sinuplasty devices limit my treatment options?
No. Balloon sinuplasty devices are endoscopic tools used within conventional sinus surgery and may be used with other medical therapies. They do not limit future treatment options for patients.
Who uses Balloon Sinuplasty devices?
Ear, Nose, and Throat physicians like the doctors at the Dallas Sinus Center.
Are Balloon Sinuplasty devices covered by other insurance carriers?
Most insurance companies cover sinus surgery with balloon sinuplasty devices. To be certain of your coverage, contact your insurance provider to find out your specific coverage policy.